"We are all
individuals and that
is what makes
this school so great."
"Our school has
a brilliant school
council and if
if the pupils have
an idea they
will be heard"
"It is easy to
find your way around
There are friends on
every corner and
always people to help
when you need it."
"The teachers make
Bryn Elian a
They really help you
with your work,
and make learning
Welcome to Ysgol Bryn Elian
We are a well-ordered successful and happy foundation school, located on a spacious site with excellent facilities. The school's beautiful coastal location provides a quiet and attractive setting for the students to enjoy the full range of our amenities.
We have long been recognised for the care and individual attention given to our children. Having 900 pupils across the age range of 11 to 18, we are a medium sized comprehensive school in comparison to some other secondary schools which gives us the advantage of knowing our children well and being able to help them become successful members of this and the wider community. Our children talk fondly of the teachers here and the quality of care that they receive. They have a real sense of pride in being associated with Bryn Elian because we all see ourselves as a family school.
Further information about Bryn Elian can be found in our prospectus along with our extensive range of courses in our school prospectus and sixth form prospectus
Download the latest letters, newsletters and other important school information for parents here
All pupils are expected to wear the school uniform correctly. By wearing the uniform a pupil is endorsing his or her pride in being a member of Ysgol Bryn Elian. More information about Bryn Elian's school uniform code can be found here
If you need to contact a certain member of staff please find a list of useful school contacts here
News & Upcoming Events
Open evening 6pm - 8pm Thursday 8th October 2015
October half term 26th October 2015, pupils back in school Monday 2nd November
School Choir competition Friday 6th November at Venue Cymru
Year 7 Parental Engagement evening Thursday 12th November from 4pm
Conwy Cross Country, Thursday 12th November
Annie performance, School Theatre, Friday 20th November, 7.30pm tickets £5
Year 12/13 Parents’ Evening, Thursday 3rd December
Year 11 Parents’ Evening Thursday 10th December
Christmas Break Monday 21st December. Pupils return Tuesday 5th January 2016
Ysgol Bryn Elian Performance, Annie
Ysgol Bryn Elian will be performing the musical, Annie, on Friday 20th of November at 7.30pm in the school theatre.
Tickets cost £5 and are available from the school office.
GCSE Results 2015
Ysgol Bryn Elian is once again celebrating a remarkable set of GCSE results, adding to the great success of last week's 'A' level results. In excess of 98 %of the school's Year 11 students achieved at least the equivalent of 5 A*-C grades and all students leaving with at last the equivalent of 5 GCSE's...
A Level Results 2015
Once again, we are delighted by the outstanding results achieved by our dedicated and hard working pupils and the continued positive trends over the past few years. All students gained qualifications with in excess of a third of pupils gaining at least 1 A* or equivalent…
Year 8 pupils in Bryn Elian were treated to an exciting computer programming experience this week, through a Welsh Government funded programme. Technocamps is an outreach programme designed to reinvigorate the computer science curriculum in schools across Wales…
Lab in a Lorry
Lab in a Lorry, a mobile science lab for young people, visited Ysgol Bryn Elian Year 9 pupils. The aim of Lab in a Lorry is to encourage positive attitudes towards the sciences and to make science and engineering more attractive to 11-14 year olds.
Wizard of Oz
The term ended with the musical 'The Wizard of Oz', being performed in the school studio theatre. There were outstanding performances from Lucy Roberts (Dorothy), Thomas Wootton (the Tin Man), Tomos Jones (the Scarecrow) and Georgia Kirkbride (the Lion)..
Bryn Elian Results 2015
Visit the school
Here at Bryn Elian, we continue to operate an “Open Door” policy as regards visits by parents and prospective pupils, to the school. Should you wish to visit to talk to staff, tour the school and see what we offer, at a time to suit you, then please e-mail Deputy Head, Mrs Mair Herbert and you will be contacted to arrange a time to visit. We are always delighted and proud to show parents and prospective pupils what we do here, so will always welcome your interest.
Ysgol Bryn Elian Online
Keep up to date with the latest school news and information through our social media channels.
Latest Information for Parents
- Please ensure that your child's school uniform adheres to the school uniform code. Download the uniform guideline here
- Year 9 Options Information 2015
- Extra Curricular Timetable October 2015
- Governors Annual Report to Parents 2015
- GCE/GCSE Exam Timetable 2015/16
- Child Protection - Keeping Learners Safe
- Child Protection Policy 2015
- Physical Intervention and Contact with Pupils Policy
- SEG/PDG Grant information 2015 - 2016
- Conwy school bus information 2015
- Summer 2015 Newsletter
- Year 9 options booklet 2015 available to download now
- Free School Meals application form
- Information regarding FSM eligibility
- Extra curricular activities timetable 2014-2015
- Information pack for Welsh classes throughout Conwy
- Annual Report for Parents 2014
- UCAS Parent Guide 2015
- Reading and Numeracy Tests in Wales - information for parents/carers. Booklets explaining the LNF test to parents of Year 7/8/9 pupils have been distributed today, one day after receipt
- Year 11 Revision Book
Twitter Latest Posts
About our School
- large attractive campus on the edge of open fields
- Fully equipped theatre for large scale productions
- Each classroom equipped with interactive white board and data projector
- Music suite with up to date technology
- Dedicated learning support area
- Full SENCO support
- 4 fully equipped ICT rooms
- Fully equipped 3D learning suite
- Well equipped science laboratories
- All-weather sports pitch and tennis courts